2. Sweet potatoes are relatively low in calories and have no fat. They are rich in beta-carotene and potassium, and have five times the recommended daily allowance of Vitamin A in one sweet potato.
3. Potatoes is the most efficient fuel for energy production and can also be stored as glycogen in muscle and liver, functioning as a readily available energy source for prolonged, strenuous exercise. For these reasons, it may be the most important nutrient for sports performance.
4. Potatoes are low in sodium, virtually fat free and easy to digest. They are highly acceptable in almost any diet.
5. Potatoes are good for stomach ulcers and inflamed conditions of the colon.
6. Potatoes are for hemorrhoid because of its high fiber content.
7. Potatoes may help prevent cancer in glands and organs with epithelial tissue due to its high Vitamin A content.
8. Potatoes is a good food for diabetics, because it helped stabilize blood sugar levels.