. Plain flour or maida-4 cups
. Sugar-2 cups
. Oil for deep fry
. Cardamom powder-a pinch
1.Prepare the sugar syrup by boiling 1 cup of water with 1 cup of sugar.Boil it in medium flame for about half an hour stirring every five minutes.Finally add some caedomom powder to the syrup.
2. Mix the flour in a bowl and make a tough dough. Keep it aside for 20-30 minutes.
3. Divide the dough into lemon sized balls.
4. Roll the balls using the rolling pin.
5. Now make slits vertically leaving the edges untouched.Hold the edges and lift it pressing the edges.
6. Heat the oil in a frying pan and fry them until they turn brown in colour.
7. Dip the deep fried panasa thonalu into the syrup and take them out.
8. Let them dry and store them in an air tight container.
Yummy delicious panasa tonalu are ready to serve...
Sending this to Diwali sweets and snacks by Lavi